Friday, April 28, 2017
Columbia Faculty House
64 Morningside Drive
New York, NY 10027
Thank you for attending Turning the Tide: A New Generation of Public Health Interventions!
To view the conference live stream, click here. To view presentation powerpoints, click on the presentation titles below.
Designing effective, methodologically rigorous, and sustainable interventions demands ongoing exploration. This conference highlights the evolving public health intervention landscape including technology-based interventions, multi-level interventions, social marketing and social policy interventions, behavioral economics and cutting-edge analytic techniques.
Turning the Tide convened leading social and behavioral public health scientists from across the country. Attendees included faculty and students from a variety of public health schools, leaders from non-profit organizations, government workers, doctors, research scientists and public health practitioners. The conference provided a unique focus on experiential workshops to facilitate discourse, networking and application of methods.
Guest Speakers and their presentations: (click on titles for pdfs)
- Christina A. Roberto, PhD: Behavioral Science Insights for Public Health
- Mark Hatzenbuehler, PhD: Social Policies and Health Disparities
- Meredith Minkler, DrPH: Multilevel Interventions for Improving Health Equity
- Joe Smyser, PhD: Whiz-Bang Technology For Public Health
- Merlin Chowkwanyun, PhD: Technology, Big Data and Mixed Methods
- Lorien Abroms, ScD: Text Delivered Interventions
- Daniel Giovenco, PhD: Community Mapping
- Linda Collins, PhD: The Multiphase Optimization Strategy (MOST)
- Tom Valente, PhD: Social Network Analysis
For further information, please contact Azure Nowara, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Gina Wingood, Director, Lerner Center for Public Health Promotion, Sidney and Helaine Lerner Professor of Public Health Promotion, email@example.com
Dr. Rachel Shelton, Associate Director of Research, Lerner Center for Public Health Promotion, firstname.lastname@example.org
Azure Nowara, Center Coordinator, Lerner Center for Public Health Promotion, email@example.com
Please stay tuned for information regarding next year's Lerner Center conference!