1. Advanced Methods in Design and Statistical Analysis Training
Program trains government and university staff on advanced methods in design and statistical analysis.
2. AFFIRM, Regional Network for Mental Health Research in Africa
Influence of gential inflamation on the acquisiton of HIV infection. Article
4. Discovery of a Novel Arenavirus
Genomic and phylogenetic characterization of Merino Walk virus, a novel arenavirus. Article
5. First Episode Psychotic Disorders and Incident rate, Early Course and Treatment (FEP-INCET) study in South Africa
This pilot study in Vulindlela, South Africa, includes individules who first sought treatment from traditional healers in an investigation of first episode psychotic disorders. Article
6. GATES in South Africa
Determine the spectrum of bacteria and viruses that cause acute respiratory disease in children in Gambia and South Africa.
7. Genomics of Schizophrenia in the South Africa Xhosa
Investigates the genetic causes of schizophrenia in an African population of ancient lineage.
8. Global Doctors for Choice, Globalized Motherhood
9. Global Nurse Capacity Building Program
This program supports building capacity of nurses and midwives in sub Saharan Africa through enhancement of pre-service and in-service education, training and mentorship.
10. History of Silicosis
Project to provide a history of silicosis for a court case involving miners exposed to silicosis.
11. HIV's Effects on Beast Cancer Treatment and Outcomes in South Africa
12. HIV Prevention Services for High Risk Underserved Populations
13. HIV Programming and Chronic Disease
14. HIV-Infected Children and Bone Health
Study evaluates bone health of HIV-infected children receiving antiretroviral therapy.
16. International Accredited Training Center
Project aims to develop an international accredited tertiary education center to train healthcare workers on tuberculosis and HIV, infection control, and operational research.
17. International and Immigrant Family Health and AIDS Programs (IFAP)
22. MOSAIC Initiative
Project provides comprehensive prevention services for men who have sex with other men (MSM) including better integration into care and treatment programs. Seeks to increase the capacity of local and governmental organizations to implement quality MSM programming.
24. Optimizing Antiretroviral Therapy Services for Maternal & Child Health
Study addresses delays in initiating HIV treatment during pregnancy. Website
25. Palliative Care and End-of-Life Issues among Cancer Patients in Soweto, South Africa
26. Patent Laws & Access
27. Pathways to Engagement in HIV Care for Newly-Diagnosed South Africans
Project examines linkage and retention in HIV care among newly diagnosed women and men in South Africa.
28. PISCES (PRC project)
29. PISCES Distance Learning Program
30. Psychotic Disorders in an African Setting
Pilot study that lays the foundation to study incidence, early course and treatment pathways for individuals with psychoses.
31. Quality Improvement Training
32. SAX: The Genomis of Schizophrenia in the South African Xhosa People
The goal of this project is to identify genes in African lineages important for schizophrenia by studying cases and controls from the South African Xhosa population.
33. Strengthening Health Research Capacity
34. Surveillance and Outcomes of Children Enrolled in Antiretroviral Therapy
Study to describe outcomes for children initiating ART in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. Website
35. TB Biomarker Research
36. Technical Support for Health Systems Evaluation Within Africa and Asia
37. Training Program for Research on HIV-Associated Malignancies
Program trains investigators from South Africa and assists them in the development of HIV and cancer research programs.