1. AIDS, Population and Health Integrated Assistance (APHIAplus)
Program provides technical expertise in HIV prevention, care, and treatment activities in Central and Eastern Provinces.
2. Child Protection Toolkit
3. Columbia University International Emergency Medicine Fellowship
In partnership with Columbia University's Emergency Medicine Department, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and the Mailman School, the two-year program provides emergency physicians with the skills, knowledge and experiences to become professionals in the fields of humanitarian aid and international development. Website
4. Community-Based Child Protection Mechanisms and Child Protection Systems
5. East Africa Iedea Regional Consortium
7. Global Nurse Capacity Building Program
This program supports building capacity of nurses and midwives in sub Saharan Africa through enhancement of pre-service and in-service education, training and mentorship.
8. HIV and Tuberculosis Care and Treatment Program
Program supports HIV care and treatment services and TB/HIV integration.
9. HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Activities
Program supports health systems for HIV care by building capacity for 24-hour maternity services.
10. Household Air Pollution
11. Male Circumcision Follow Up
Study examines follow-up post circumcision by men and the rate of side effects. Website
12. Mother and Infant Retention for Health
Study focused on improving retention of newly identified HIV-positive pregnant women and their infants. Website
13. Multi-Institutional East Africa PhD Program
14. Multi-level Determinants of late Anti-Retroviral Therapy
15. Pathogen Discovery in Patients with Unexplained Fever
Whole blood extracts studying unkown fever.
16. PISCES (PRC project)
17. PISCES Distance Learning Program
18. Strengthening Health Research Capacity
19. Technical Support for Health Systems Evaluation Within Africa and Asia
Program assists health systems strengthening and evaluation of health system interventions, including research on the effect of investment in HIV on non-HIV issues.
OTHER COUNTRIES IN THIS PROGRAM
20. URC Translating Research into Action (TRAction) Task Shifting
AMDD has conducted research to understand the implementation of Associate Clinician cadres for CEmOC, and to take the findings from 4 countries to generate regionally applicable guidance notes. Website