Sexual Violence Response (SVR) provides trauma-informed, confidential support through crisis counseling/intervention, advocacy, prevention, and outreach focused on interpersonal violence and harassment. Our mission is to eradicate all forms of gender-based violence. Through collective community action, SVR is committed to social change and creating a culture of accountability.
for more information
Please visit their website.
Empowering survivors and co-suvivors of violence by providing options and supporting their choices by:
- Accompanying student survivors to emergency departments, NYPD, campus departments or other relevant agencies
- Providing support and information about filing a complaint with the University's Gender-Based Misconduct Office, local law enforcement, or civil courts.
- Connecting the campus community to resources and maintaining their confidentiality.
Stopping violence before it starts by fostering healthy attitudes, actions, and norms through education and by encouraging community responsibility.
- Providing education training and community events. Students canrequest a workshop or training to learn about consent, healthy relationships, issues of violence, how to support survivors, bystander intervention, and other pro-active ways to maintain the safety of the campus community.
Providing the campus community with information and resources.
- Columbia administrators and staff can learn about on-campus resources for survivors of sexual violence, intimate partner violence, stalking, and gender-based harassment. Our team will offer information about how administrators and staff can best support survivors of violence.
To request a staff workshop, please contact Sexual Violence Response at (212) 854-4357 (HELP).
Phone Number: (212) 854-4357 for 24/7/365 support
Email: email@example.com to request information about upcoming events, programs, and trainings.
Morningside Location: 2920 Broadway, 700 Alfred Lerner Hall, New York, NY 10027
CUMC Location: 60 Haven Avenue, 206 Bard Hall, New York, NY 10032