Please review the following information regarding RSVP and Ticket information for both the Mailman School of Public Health and Columbia University Commencement Ceremonies. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the information provided below, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Affairs.
Mailman School of Public Health 2019 Commencement
At A Glance
When: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
- Check-in for graduates begins at 2:30 p.m. in Hammer (lower levels)
- Ceremony begins at 4:00 p.m. (procession begins at ~3:30 p.m.)
Guest Arrival: Guests may begin entering the Armory at ~2:30 p.m. and should be in their seats by 3:30 p.m. for the procession.
Where: The Armory, 216 Fort Washington Ave (Campus Map: Please note The Armory is labeled as the New Balance Track and Field Center at the Armory)
RSVP Information and de3ails
An RSVP is required for attendance to the Mailman School Commencement Ceremony. Please be sure to RSVP by Friday, May 10, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
- Mailman degree candidates may RSVP for up to six (6) guests (not including themselves).
- No physical tickets will be distributed for the Mailman Ceremony nor will there be any sort of check-in for guests. RSVPs are required for accounting purposes and to ensure proper line up for Commencement.
- Please indicate any necessary disability accommodations for the Mailman Commencement Ceremony when completing the RSVP form.
University Commencement of the 265th Academic Year
At A Glance
Website: Click here.
When: Wednesday, May 22, 2018 at 10:30 a.m.
Graduate Arrival: Student line up begins on upper campus at 8:00 a.m. with the academic procession scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m.
Guest Arrival: General admission for guests opens at 8:30 a.m.
Where: Morningside Campus, Columbia University in the City of New York. Rain or shine.
Online registration is required for graduating students, and tickets are required for guests. Please use the link below to register to participate in the ceremony and request guest tickets before Friday, May 10, 2019 at 12 p.m. (or alternate date if your school chooses to close earlier):
- Registration is open to all eligible May 2019 degree candidates, February 2019, and October 2018 graduates from all schools and colleges affiliated with Columbia University. If you do not plan on attending the Ceremony, you do not need to register.
- Graduate degree candidates may request up to two (2) tickets for their guests. Graduating students do not need a ticket for themselves. They can register on the website to attend and request no guest tickets.
- University Commencement guest tickets will be electronic tickets, and will be available to students upon completion of registration. Students are encourage eo either print the tickets themselves OR send electronically for their guests to print. Each ticket has a unique QR code that can only be scanned once. Distributing tickets via both options will cause confusion for guests when they reach the admission entrance. The first guest to arrive with a unique ticket will be allowed entry to the ceremony. Any additional copies of the same ticket will be turned away at the gates. Tickets are non-transferrable and should not be copied.
- All guests must present their ticket to enter campus. Guests should receive tickets from their respective graduates prior to commencement morning. Seats are given on a first-come, first served basis. The general admission line forms on Broadway at 115th Street for outdoor seating. For guests with disabilities, limited mobility, the elderly needing assistance, or those needing sign language interpretation, the line forms at Amsterdam and 116th Street. For indoor seating at the Levien Gymnasium in the Northwest Corner building, enter at 120th street, east of Broadway.
- Please note that University Commencement is held on Low Plaza and that the processional route for students includes stairs. Graduating students requiring accommodations during University Commencement, including those whose disabilities limit their ability to walk or negotiate stairs should contact Disability Services at 212-854-2388 (Voice/TTY) or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 1st.
- A step-by-step guide has been created by the University Commencement planning team to aid students with their ticket requests. An FAQ also provided by the Commencement Office may assist with any additional troubleshooting. Reserve your tickets here: